Here we are in our togas. Elena's toga is the Mexican flag. :)
That same day we went to our old ward's (congregation's) Christmas party at the stake center. I say "old ward" because we now attend church with the Spanish branch.I asked Dan to take a picture of Tikiya and I holding Elena and Jaylen because he is so dang cute. Check out his corduroy blazer - very dapper! I can't believe that he is 2 months younger than Elena - he is a big boy. :) We were all happy to get to visit with so many friends. We love our ward family. The food and the company were great. We unfortunately had to leave before the children in Primary acted out the Nativity, but I heard that it was adorable.
Next we drove to another LDS church building nearby where we attended the Spanish branch's Christmas party. They had a skit about the Tres Reyes Magos (3 Kings) and then Santa came out! Elena is in this picture with her friend Caitlin - who by the way loves to sing and dance to Fergie songs. So funny! I was thrilled to get a picture of Elena with Santa at the party because pictures with our mall Santa are a $20 minimum. I'm sure that would have been a better quality photo, but this works too.
After Santa we got to watch 3 pinatas get destroyed. 1 for the kids, 1 for the youth (12-18) and one for the grown-ups. I took my turn and then it was time to go. Poor Elena went to bed 3 hours late, but we had a really great day.This video doesn't show any of us, but I thought that the pinata song was interesting. They would sing for each person and then when the song was over, his/her turn hitting the pinata would be over.
**We are so blessed with wonderful friends and family. I love this time of year because we are able to really reflect on all of our blessings. I'm so grateful for the birth of the Savior and for his life and ministry. I am inspired by his example and gospel. Merry Christmas everyone!**


1 comment:
Wow! What a day! It was so much fun to see you...two days in a row. Also, Elena looks so cute in the picture with Santa :)
Post a Comment