Things have been slow around here the past week because Elena is sick. We have barely left the house for a week. She had an ear infection which is probably gone by now and a stomach virus that just won't go away. The doctor said that it would last 7-10 days and I doubted her, but today was #7. Hopefully our sweet girl will be feeling like normal soon. She is doing pretty well and hasn't had a fever or anything, but she isn't eating very much and when she does, it usually finds its way back out pretty fast. Anyway...I thought I would post a couple of pictures even though there are no new/interesting stories to be told - unless you are wanting to hear gross ones. :)
Elena helps her daddy to do the dishes. He is so patient with her. He hands her the silverware one by one and she will put it in the basket.

I just took a couple of pictures of her in her pajamas the other morning and she was actually smiling for them, so I thought they would be worth sharing. Now that she is talking, it is hard to get her to pose for pictures anymore. She is to busy asking for "leche" or a "cracker" or saying: "no, no, no" which is her newest word. And she knows just how to use it.


Now that I think about it: I guess I haven't been stuck at home as much as it sounds above. Dan studies here at the house in the evenings, so I sometimes go run errands after we put Elena to bed (or sometimes just before Dan puts her to bed). I actually did a lot this past week - it was just mostly at night. I got together with friends on Saturday and we made baby-girl hairbows and saw the movie
27 Dresses which I really liked. I babysat for the Resident Spouses Association tonight which was a lot of fun for me. I miss older kids sometimes and tonight I got to play with like 10 at once (ages 1-6). Also I chaperoned a youth dance last Friday night plus I cheered for our branch's Young Women in their basketball game on Saturday while Dan watched Elena for the afternoon, and I went to Shelby's last Wednesday to hang out and watch American Idol after all our kids were asleep.
Thank you Dan for being so sweet and helpful!!!
7 comments:
I love how Elena helps with the dishes! I can't wait to hear her new words... hopeful she'll get better soon so I can see you two. Thanks for help with the bows, it was so much fun!
Elena is too cute for her own good...maybe it's time to add a brother or sister into the mix! ;)
Being stuck at home with a sick one is the pits - especially when there's diaper changing coupled with a stomach virus. I hope she's doing better!
Wow...you've been busy! Elena is SO cute! And good job Dan for doing the dishes:):):) I changed my blog to Private and don't think I have your email address...I'm actually kind of confused with how it all works. So, could you email me your email address so I can "invite" you? lauradalton20@mac.com. Thanks!
She's so cute and miniature!
Hey! We're switching our blog to private so please email me at barrusblog@gmail.com so I can send you an invite. :)
I love the pic of Elena helping Dan with dishes - what a gal!
Hi Emma! My, how they've grown! How are you guys doing down there? Loved the pics.
Post a Comment