Elena has had a cold for almost a week now, but she's on the mend. This morning, we went on a walk with Emily and her baby Sadie and we played with Caleb and Ella Joy at the park. She was having a pretty good day. After her nap, she was being super fussy and whiny and I was trying to figure out what was going on when she grabbed her ear and said, "Ear hurt." After asking if she was sure a couple of times, I called the pediatrician and we were able to get an appointment right then. Turns out, Elena has an ear infection like she said!
I am so grateful that she can express herself now. It must be empowering for her. I'm also really glad that we started her on the antibiotic before bed tonight because she just woke up crying when the ibuprofen wore off. We got to cuddle and watch Curious George while we waited for more to kick in and she's asleep again. Soon she'll feel better without being medicated. :)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment