Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dan's 30th birthday

Dan turned 30 on the 5th, so this post is a little late, but here are some pictures from his surprise party (Friday night) and his actual birthday (a very laid-back Sunday).

We had the party at a park close to the hospital (where Dan really lives). I had been stressing about every detail for over a month: where to have it, what day, what time of day, am I inviting everyone that Dan would want, will I be able to talk him into leaving the hospital to come be surprised, etc. Well - it turned out that everything was great, everyone had a good time, and Dan was surprised. We missed those who couldn't make it (on-call/away rotations/working late), but such is life I guess. The kids had fun, the adults had fun, the food was great (pot-luck), and Dan was happy. Yay! Thanks everyone!

At the Party
This is everyone before Dan came:
An action shot of Elena:
The only picture I took with Dan in it. Oops! :)

On His Birthday
Here he is "trying on" a new shirt.
Elena got to help me by licking the card in order to seal it, so when Dan was about to open it, she thought she would help him by licking it some more.
Dan's birthday pie (chocolate chip):

2 comments:

MEG said...

Happy 30th Dan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday My dear son, 30, did you say 30!!!