Elena is helping Dan to sharpen the lawn mower blade. She loves to help and Dan is so patient with her. I love it!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Getting Caught Up
I am so far behind in my posts - it's ridiculous. I'm just going to caption these pictures (in no particular order) and then click on the publish button. Here we go:
Elena is helping Dan to sharpen the lawn mower blade. She loves to help and Dan is so patient with her. I love it!
The ward (congregation) that we were in before we started attending the Spanish branch did their annual luau. As always, Jonno and Tonya did an awesome job! We will be so sad when they are not here to be MCs/dance teachers/performers next year. Jonno will most likely be doing his residency elsewhere. That's him in the middle below.
Elena had a lot of fun watching - in this pic - and dancing (my batteries died before that).
She enjoyed getting to sit in the fire truck after the "Buddy Walk" (more about that later). She LOVES trucks, tractors, buses, etc right now.
Elena and cutie-pie Aiden. Aiden's mom invited Elena and I to do the local "Buddy Walk" a couple of weeks ago. Their neighbor has a child with Down syndrome. The purpose of the walk was to raise money in order to "benefit national education, research and advocacy initiatives, as well as local programs. These funds enable NDSS and local groups to offer services that support and enhance the quality of life for individuals with Down syndrome and their families." I pasted that info at this site. We had a lot of fun eventhough it rained and we enjoyed all the free food and entertainment (an awesome and inspiring talent show).
She loved wearing her "Buddy Walk" t shirt and didn't want to take it off. She now wears it as pajamas (with the sleeves rolled up a bit).
Elena's cute friend Sadie really enjoyed watching the luau:
I love this picture because I am so happy that Elena is old enough this winter (not crawling) that she can wear cute tights and have them last more than one day:
Thanks for checking up on what we've been up to. Stay tuned for a belated birthday post for Dan and pictures and videos of Elena's first trip to the fair!
Elena is helping Dan to sharpen the lawn mower blade. She loves to help and Dan is so patient with her. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I just want to squeeze Elena! She is so cute!!!
I came to your blog about an hour ago and was so disappointed there was no 'Elena update'. I guess as i was checking, you were posting. She is squeezable and kissable. Tell her hello from all of us. i learned all my 'man skills' from my dad too. Good for Daniel!!
Barbie
Helping Dan sharpen the lawn mower blade...huh. Sounds about as safe as Will helping Patrick rotate the tires! At least Elena had on gloves!
Look at her adorable pig tails! So cute! She is growing up so fast, and while we are gone too! :(
Post a Comment