Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Boy's Bedding

When Dan and I first found out we were having a boy, I wasn't sure where to begin. We had to figure out what room to put him in, whether or not we were going to borrow/buy another crib and or dresser, what color scheme to go with, what bedding to buy, what to name him, etc.
(FYI: it will be a long time before we'll come to an agreement on the name, so don't hold your breath waiting for that.)

The one thing that helped me to get more excited and feel more in control was to pick out his bedding. We actually chose it as one that we liked when we were pregnant with Elena. Since it is now discontinued, it is currently a lot cheaper than originally. When I saw it again the colors and simplicity still appealed to me, so I decided that I wanted it for Baby Boy Dison.
Things have started to come together quickly:
#1 My mom won a bidding war on ebay for the quilt (new). It was amazing - she cast the final bid with less than 1 second remaining. Amy (my sis-in-law) and I were intently reloading the computer to check on Mom's progress while I was in Utah.
#2 Later that night, she was able to snatch up the bumper on potterybarnkids.com before it was sold out for only $20. Thanks Mama!
#3 Last week, I found a page that I tore out of their catalog a couple of years ago, and it had an idea for painting the walls.
#4 To top it all off - I was just looking on the website for curtain ideas and noticed blue gingham valances for $5 each, so I bought two of those.

It is so fun to prepare our home for the little guy. Too bad it's all in my head though. The bumper and quilt are in Virginia, the valances won't be here for another week, and I can't even start to look at paint until I have those things in hand to pick the right colors. Also, our office (Baby Boy's room) still has 2 desks and 3 bookshelves in it. We have to figure out some major details. We have 4 months left and I know that sounds like forever, but I'm full of energy right now...

Anyway - the point is: Isn't the bedding cute? :)

3 comments:

Summer said...

I just love that bedding!! Especially the stars, what will you do for the walls? It might be cute to use some of those stars on the ceiling, or put his name (whatever that might be!) on stars on the walls. We can cut them out using my cricut machine!!
I am so excited for your new baby!!

AmyB said...

I love the bedding!!! I love that energy stage and usually use every once of it that I have to get things done before i fell not so great. Also, I love the video of Elena...how cute is that? What a smartie indeed!

Ryan & Brooke said...

The bedding is so cute. Judging from Elena I am sure this next little one will be super cute too. Congrats! Tell Dan I said Hi.
BrookeLyn