Monday, April 12, 2010

Snapshots

I hardly ever take pictures of the kids together because they don't stay put, and they never smile at the same time. I only have 2 kids! It shouldn't be this hard, right? :)
I took these on Saturday because I want a new picture for my desktop background. Which one do you like best?
One of the rare times that Elena is photographed with a true smile and not a cheese-y smile.
I love this outfit so much, I squeezed him into it on one of the first warm days we had! (My first instinct is always to say "squoze.")
I took this picture halfway through his dinner tonight because Kevin was so messy. It was a mixture of things: pasta salad, frank and beans, and banana slices.
I had to take another picture at the end of the meal because he got so much messier! Now that he doesn't like to be spoon fed, he gets with food everywhere, every meal! I strip him down before dinner and bathe him after. (He's not throwing the sippy cup. I'm holding it up to get his attention.)

9 comments:

lydiadison said...

How can one chose they are all adorable! I'll take them all. Con mucho amor. Abuelita

Molly said...

Okay, you made me laugh so hard. Christian grew up thinking "squoze" was a real word. I had to break it to his ENTIRE family that it isn't. Used to drive me insane. Now it's a joke in our little family.

Mom said...

Wow! Too cute! I like the middle one with the sweet hug.

Granny
xoxoxo

AmyB said...

I'm digging the middle one. Wow, I remember those days when the kids wanted to feed themselves!! So messy and cute!

Molly said...

LOVED your big long comment on my blog! That is so fun that your husband is in medical school! What does he want to go in to? And where does he want to do residency? So exciting. I hope you at least get to see him sometimes!

So funny that you mention the record albums in our dining room. I completely remember my dad telling me to turn down Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia" on the record player the night you were over, because it has some risqué messages in it. Too funny! Didn't we stay up all night? I absolutely can't do that anymore. No desire plus it makes me physically sick.

I had some other people suggest Regina Spektor and Rachel Yamagata, so I'll have to look into them. Thanks! And there's nothing wrong with being musically sexist. ;) I'd like more girl singers if more of them made better music. Hahaha.

I am SO glad we found each other. Who knows. Maybe some day we'll end up living near each other...

Summer said...

these are great pics!! I always had to strip H and C, and then spray their chair down with the hose on the porch. So CUTE!! Love the hat by the way.. did you make that?

Barbie said...

I should be studying, but instead i got caught up on blog postings. loved Elena's words of her hospital visit. So perfect! The pics are adorable. My favorite is the first one. Kevin is so "cool' with that little flirty grin. And Elena, she is always full of smiles.

She is precious in her beenie cap!

lots a' love

Bernice Madsen said...

Holy Cow you have some cute kiddos!! :o) Looks like they're just growing so fast and getting cuter by the day! :o)

w and w said...

Elena pulling Kevin into her is too cute. Love the wave hello as well. SO wait. Why was Elena in the hosptial? How we wish we would've known!