Sunday, September 19, 2010

I have an obsession...

I love watching my kids sleep. So much so that I take pictures (often) and post them on my blog (occasionally). I just love checking on them multiple times before I go to bed each night. It's part of my bed-time routine.
The checking on them part may be normal, but the taking pictures part...not so much.
Here are a couple of my favorites from the past:
Elena in April 2008 (15 months old)
Kevin in March 2010 (9 months old)The next two are Elena and Kevin September 2010:
I have to explain the jumble of Elena's "friends" that you see. Elena is holding her triplets:
Baby Liam : yes, he's a boy, but pink is his favorite color
Teddy Pig: her favorite of all, he was also in the picture from April 2008
Sally: also known as "Paci Baby" (short for pacifier)
Behind her you can some random things including her sleeping hat. One day she decided that her Santa hat could be a sleeping hat because "sometimes in books, people wear hats to bed" (i.e. The Night Before Christmas). I've even caught her asleep with it on her head before. I wonder what she was so deep in thought about before she fell asleep? :)

Kevin is asleep with his favorite friend Teddy Dog and a musical seahorse which he loves to roll over in the middle of night. He sleeps right through the noise, but it occasionally wakes me up when I hear it on the monitor. He's such a sweet boy! I want to crawl into the crib and cuddle up to him sometimes!

This all reminds me a little of the book, Love You Forever. The mom loves peeking at her sleeping son and singing to him. I love this book and I get emotional each and every time I read it.
But you have to admit, when you stop to think about it and don't "suspend disbelief", the book starts to get a little creepy as the son gets older. I don't think I'm to this point yet, but you'll have to check back in few years when the kids are away at college.
Yep, she got a ladder, drove across town, and crawled in his window.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I LOVE peeking in to see Graham sleeping. Just this morning I took a picture of him, because he was chilling on his back with his hands behind his head. Too funny. We look at him every night before we go to bed. We just can't resist!

Mom said...

I think that is an obsession most parents share. They look like such angels!

Love,
Granny