Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas is almost here!

Wow!  It has been a crazy couple of months.  I feel like I haven't had time to breathe.  That's what life is like with 3 kids apparently.  December has been extra busy for Dan, but he loves working in the NICU, so it has been a rewarding month for him too.  We miss him when he's not around much, but I am so grateful for the contributions that he makes to the family.  He works so hard 6+ days and 80+ hours a week.  Plus he has a 35 minute commute each way just so that Elena could go to the school that I wanted her to.  And I am thrilled when he gets home in time to help me put the kids to bed (0-4 times a week depending).  We can't get enough of him when he's home!  Just 4 1/2 more years of residency and fellowship...

Dan has Christmas Day off (woohoo!) and then he'll have some time off around New Year's which will be awesome.  Even though I'm not even close to being done with Christmas preparations, I wanted to take a quick moment to post some family photos that were taken in November.  There was a lot planning involved for this one hour shoot (timing it with naps and Dan's work schedule, picking coordinating outfits without buying anything new, layers for a cold day, alternate outfits because Jonah loves to spit up on us all, etc.) but these pictures make it all worthwhile.  Every time I look at them in the future, it will take me back to this time in our lives.  The photos were taken by Kathryn of Kathryn Rinckner's Photography.  Enjoy!
 


 
 




 
 Dan was actually walking this way with the kids naturally as we went from one section of the park to the other and I was walking ahead chatting with the photographer.  When I saw how cute they were, I jumped in to the pic. 
 I love this one because I am laughing at something ridiculous that Dan is saying.  I don't remember what it was of course, and I don't like the way I look in it particularly, but this is very "us".

 
 





2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

they are all so perfect! PERFECT I SAY!!!!!! My fav ones are w/ a parent and kids. Like you and your boys, is priceless. Plus your little man's hat is so stinkin cute! I love them all.

Shelby said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures!!! They turned out so great!