Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elena's 2!

Elena's birthday was a month ago on January 17th. I am horrible at starting posts and then not finishing them until weeks later. I think that I didn't post this particular one right away because I was planning on adding a couple more pictures. Oh well. From now on, I will really try to post things without saving them first. Have I promised that before? :)

Andy and Shiree (my brother and his wife) flew to Virginia (may parent's house) for the weekend since we didn't get to see them at Christmas. We had a great time getting to hang out with them and Bethany and my parents. Elena thoroughly enjoyed her family birthday party. It was lovely and laid back and consisted of a pinata, a tower of cupcakes, and playing with presents. I loved having a little party with some of her friends when she turned one, but it was nice to have a quiet family party this year.
As a side note, we are all super excited that Andy and Shiree are expecting a little girl one week before baby boy Dison is born. We will have to get all the Wright cousins together often (since there will be three now), so that they can get to be good friends.

Shiree and Elena blowing bubbles:
Aunt BB let Elena play with makeup at Ulta:
This may look like a grimace, but it is actually a picture of her holding her "Cheese!" face even though she is no longer looking at the camera.
Before Elena began to hit the pinata, she turned to me and said, "Sing 'dale, dale' Mommy." That is a special song that everyone sings during the pinata portion of parties at church (in the Spanish branch). It's really cute and when the song is over, you know that your turn is up. Unfortunately, I don't know it. I guess I better learn it before next year. Here it is on wikipedia. The version I recognize is the variation at the bottom.
She opened this package of dress up things and jewelry from abuelita and abuelo just before we left for VA. Notice the adorable cupcake bow? Summer made it. Isn't she awesome?
Here's the cupcake cake. I apologize for the video quality. Someday I'll get a new camera. Isn't it amazing how quickly whatever you have becomes obsolete? I feel so bratty wanting a new camera when this one is only 3 years old and works just fine, but it would be so nice to have more than 4 megapixels. Anyway - enjoy our singing!

No comments: