Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First haircut

Much to Dan's dismay, I decided that I couldn't handle Elena's scraggly mullet any longer and I gave her a trim last night.
BEFORE:
I only cut off a little bit. Maybe an inch and a half in the longest places. It looks a lot shorter though because it curls more now. I'm actually really happy with the result; her hair looks a little bit thicker all of a sudden.
AFTER:
Also, I liked that today I just put a couple of clips in it instead of having to do it in pigtails like always. I definitely didn't do a perfect job, but she sat pretty still and let me get it even. Of course, it curls and flips a bit when it's dry and that means that it's hard to tell what a great job I did. :)
The current goal is for it to grow out and be on the longer side so that I (I mean she) can have more fun with it and enjoy lots of different styles.

2 comments:

The Cannon Family said...

I'm impressed! I just started cutting Gabe's hair by myself and it still freaks me out.

Hymas Family said...

So cute. I cut Will's hair before & it was a disaster. You did a great job, maybe you could give me lessons! We can't wait to see y'all soon!