Friday, May 15, 2009
April Showers Bring May Flowers
Elena and I planted some petunias a couple of weeks ago. She was actually a big help, and she was very gentle with the small little plants. We laid them out kind of randomly in the front flower beds and then went to work digging and planting. Here is what it looked like when we were done:
I think that Elena's favorite part was watering the flowers.
Hopefully, I'll have room in the budget/time to run out and buy some mulch soon. You've probably noticed that the red clay that we have here instead of dirt doesn't look so great.
She was a very happy girl once she discovered that she could drink from the hose.
Going along with the theme of flowers: Elena made this flower pin at the Children's Museum. It was supposed to be for me for Mother's Day, but she was so excited about it that she decided that she should wear it too. :) I love taking her to the art room there because I don't have to set up or clean up the projects. It's great!
As another side note - I had a great Mother's Day. Thanks, Dan and Elena. I also really enjoyed talking with my mom and Dan's mom. We are so lucky to have been raised by such exceptional women!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment