Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Second Half of May

Strawberry picking: It was a family tradition growing up to get up stinking early one Saturday in late May and go to Pungo to pick strawberries for hours. I guess it's still is a tradition for my dad and Bethany. When they get home, he and my mom will make pies and jam and deliver them all over town.

This year we went with playgroup and it was much nicer to go at 10 am and pick one small basket. :) We had a great time and we were glad that Shelley, Aiden, and Liam were able to join us. We used the strawberries to make a super delicious pie (if I do say so myself) and the rest we ate plain with a little bit of sugar. Yum!

Photographic evidence that I do wear my hair down sometimes:
Here is Shelley with her boys:This is as good as it gets when you ask two year-olds who are busy picking and eating strawberries to smile for the camera.When I showed Dan the picture below, I said, "Isn't that adorable?"
He disagreed and said that he and Aiden would need to "have a talk." :)

Saying goodbye to the Jacobs:
Jenny has been a friend of mine since the first moved here, but we really got close when we started attending the Spanish branch together about 2 years ago. We are always the last to leave Book Club, Girl's Night Out, Enrichment, etc. It was so great to have friends who lived just down the street. Elena will definite miss Noah, Ella Joy, and Baby Julia. Have fun in Miami and come back to visit soon!

I included two photos of the kids since the first one is a better picture overall, but really fuzzy. I was really shocked to see that I hadn't made Jenny get in one of the pics - I really thought that I had.

Saying goodbye to my first computer:
Here it is: my Toshiba Portege 660CDT. I loved this little laptop. I got it from my parents in 2000/2001 and I used it (along with Dan) to write applications, essays, and so many papers! There were documents on it called "Dan is hot" and "I love Emma" from our newlywed days. My parents bought it used at one of BYU's big computer sales, so I think that the laptop is actually from 1997 or something like that.
Despite all of it's flaws and neolithic ways, I was sad to part with it. I've actually had it in my closet for 4 years and I hadn't touched it in all that time, so I decided it was time to say goodbye. I'm not really a pack rat or anything, but I do have a hard time letting things go sometimes. I ended up recycling it at Best Buy earlier this week. I have to admit that it felt good to hand it off to someone else. Plus recycling it helps me to feel like it will live on in some capacity. :)

1 comment:

Summer said...

Emma you are so cute. I also have a computer I used in college down stairs, (of course I just converted it to "crafting only"). Your pics of strawberry picking are adorable. that is such a great activity!