Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sporty Little Girl

We are so lucky! The university field hockey team here does a free 8 week field hockey program in February and March for 4-11 year olds. Elena started 3 weeks ago. It's adorable, and she has so much fun. She loves to say, "Field hockey is my first sport." She's on a little team of other 4 year olds. Each week they stretch, do drills, and scrimmage. The first two pictures are from week 1 and the rest are from yesterday.
Warming up:
Taking a shot:
Showing good ball control. :)
Her #1 fan:
Bookin' it:

Per Shelby's request, here's the a picture of my high school team that I scanned in from the yearbook (sorry, Shelby, I didn't go into the attic to get a real pic). I'm second from the left in the back row - kind of bent over. This was such a great team! We were a close group!

5 comments:

Molly said...

I was always envious that you got to play field hockey. We just don't play that in the West, so it wasn't an option to us.

Mom said...

She is a natural! She has great concentration. Love it!

Granny
xoxoxoxo

Shelby said...

Sweet. Love the high school pic. But, you're right, I was wanting more of the solo picture of you and the stick! Totally awesome anyway. Here's to hoping Elena has the desire to live up to the legacy! :) Love it.

Shelby said...

P.S. I like the new look of the blog. GREEN is the best color ever!

MEG said...

SO FUN. I'm excited to be able to do those things with Axton. Your Kevin is getting so BIG! And he looks just like Dan! What a beautiful family you have.

All my love,
MEG