Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reuniting with Good Friends

This post is about a couple of things that I've been able to enjoy now that I have a happy baby.  It has made all the difference!  We love getting to know and enjoy sweet Jonah rather than pacing back and forth all day and half the night with a purple faced hollering babe.  We no longer play the nightly game of "pass the baby."  I don't know how I would've handled the first 3 months of Jonah's life without my parents!

Emily

This picture of Jonah is where it all began.  This was the first non-colicky day.  I took the kids to Busch Gardens to meet up with Emily and Mike who were visiting from NC.  You may think that this is an unextraordinary picture.  Well, you are wrong. :)  Jonah was sitting in his carseat in the stroller and NOT screaming!  He was so content the whole day.  He even fell asleep in the stroller twice!
We had a great time at Busch Gardens.  Emily and I had served together in the Young Women's program at church for many years and our neighborhoods were just across the street from eachother in NC.  It was so good to see her again!  The next time they are in the area, we'll have our own house and they'll have to come stay with us and go to the beach. :)


The kids took pictures with some of the cast of the new fairy tale show.  Elena, Sadie, and Kevin.
How cute is Rowan?!
They had so much fun with Sadie - especially Elena!
The fabulous Evans family:
Dan (of course) had to work, but here's a picture of me with my 3 kids.  So outnumbered...

Whitney 


I was able to go to Washington DC a couple of weeks ago for a quick one night trip.  Dan was working nights, but my mom was fabulous, and watched Elena and Kevin.  Thanks, Mom!

My best friend Whitney (We were roommates in Mexico 12 years ago!) went to DC at the last minute on a business trip with her dad.  Jonah had been feeling better for about a week, so I risked it, and I'm so glad that I did.  Jonah and I drove up there together Friday night.  We met up with Whitney, her dad, a colleague and his wife.  Then we went to a fantastic Italian restaurant that someone found using the Urban Spoon app  That night, Whitney and I stayed up late talking and watching a movie.  The next morning, we went to the new Air and Space museum in northern Virginia.
It was incredible.  We had a great time and Jonah was on his best behavior.
Whitney's dad was so nice to let me crash their fun weekend.
We are in front of the space shuttle Discovery.  It was amazing to get so close!
This little sign is casually painted on the side of the shuttle, but it really made me think about the people that literally put their lives in danger in order to explore the world around us.  It also of course made me think about those that defend our country and the risks that they are taking on our behalf.  I am not made of what it takes to be so brave, and I am, therefore, especially grateful.
Gabrielle, Whitney, a sleeping Jonah, and me:
Bonus:  

Cute pictures of Jonah

No comments: