Jonah was so exhausted, he fell asleep while I was putting my impromptu butterfly Bandaid on him.
The shovel story: We had a lot of snow days here this past winter. On one of those snow days, the kids and I were in the front yard, and Elena and I came inside for 1 minute (she needed help with her shoes). I heard Jonah cry -for real- and I ran outside. Kevin was looking sheepish/worried about getting in trouble. And a wailing Jonah was sitting down in the snow about 4 feet away from him. I couldn't figure out what happened until I realized that Kevin was holding a shovel. A full size, metal, roundpoint shovel with a 4 foot long handle. We'd used it the day before for clearing the driveway (we don't have a snow shovel). So, Kevin went to timeout and Jonah was subjected to an ice pack while I frantically called Dan at work. I sent him some cell phone pictures of the cut - I think our cellphones have like 2 megapixels. Anyway - after conferring, we decided against driving him to the emergency room for stitches. When Dan got home that night, he glued the cut closed. I wish I had a photo of the cut, but they are only on my non-smart phone. It was about a centimeter across and right between the eyes. My poor sweet baby. It's a cute little scar now, but every time I look at him and see it, I feel so guilty about the whole thing. He'll have that scar forever.
Here's a picture of the cut partway healed up. His eyes were a little bruised underneath, but never swelled up.
Here's a recent picture of my little man.
Snow: As life happens with 3 kids, life goes on no matter what happens. The same day that Jonah got hurt, Elena had a playdate. She and her friend Elena made a cute little snowman with no help.
The next day, we went to Granny and Grandad's and they all got pulled around on Grandad's boogie board. That's what everyone around here uses for sleds on the usually rare occasion when it snows.
Snow: As life happens with 3 kids, life goes on no matter what happens. The same day that Jonah got hurt, Elena had a playdate. She and her friend Elena made a cute little snowman with no help.
They built a snow fort.
Kevin does love his little brother, honest.
Vaseline: In the next 2 pictures, he's showing off his Vaseline hands. Of course, it didn't photograph well because Vaseline is clear, but it was pretty hilarious.
After the wedding, they started the reception with a dance. They first had to bow and curtsy according to Elena. It was so fun to watch their little performance. And yes, they know that they can't actually get married. We've explained to them that you marry someone outside of your family, so that you can add someone new to your family. You don't need to marry someone in your family because you are already together forever. They just randomly thought that it would be a fun game.
After church one Sunday they all started drawing on the board while I was cleaning up the Primary room. I was so glad that I happened to have my camera with me. I love to capture these little moments.














No comments:
Post a Comment