Saturday, April 19, 2014

Jonah is 24 months!

Dan joked that we should do 24 candles to symbolize the fact that Jonah is 24 months, but not officially 2.  Poor Leap Day baby. ;)  Our sweet boy suddenly seems so much more independent. He is talking much more and in short sentences.  His favorite things to say are:  "Again, gain, gain!" and "Don't like it!"  He loves his "leche" (milk) and his "banos" (baths) and is especially attached to his family: Mommy, Daddy, "Nena", "Kenin" and grandparents.  Here are some birthday party pictures.  We just did a simple family party this year: pizza, pinata, cake, and presents.
 
Below is an UPDATE on Jonah along with photos that just happen to be recent favorites and have nothing to do with the text. :)

Jonah is getting easier to understand and I'm so grateful.  For the longest time, he would talk like crazy, but I rarely knew what he said.  After months of getting really good at repeating after me, he is getting much better at communicating his wants.  This morning when Dan got him out of bed he was so unhappy and crying.  I would've just thought he woke up cranky if he hadn't been able to say: "Toe hole. Don't like it!"  His big toe was sticking out a hole in his footie pajamas and he was so frustrated.  Cute boy.
Jonah loves to be outside. He always has. Back when he had colic (I will NEVER forget those first 3 months no matter how hard I try), it was the only thing that would occasionally calm him.  He loves to sit outside, run around, color with chalk on the porch, go to the beach, go for a walk, anything outside.  Despite the fact that we hadn't been to the beach since September, he remembered and ran to get his bathing suit when I mentioned the beach on a warm day in March.
This boy loves his mama
Jonah loves everything with wheels: cars, trucks, trains.  He loves Legos.  We are trying our best to get him interested in the millions of Duplos we have, but he prefers the little blocks that he sees his brother and sister play with. Thank goodness he's good about not putting them in his mouth.  
He looks so grown up to me when he eats an apple
He also loves cuddling while reading a book or playing on the IPad. His favorite books right now are by Sandra Boynton - like Snuggle Puppy and The Bellybutton Book.  He's such a cuddly, loving boy.  The other day he noticed that I had a tiny scratch on my arm and he said, "Oh no!" and gave it a kiss.  I love his tender heart.  One of my favorite things is the way his brow furrows when he is concerned or unhappy.  It's hilarious.  I seriously need to get a photo of that frustrated look.  This one is obviously a happy one:
He stayed out in the snow long after Elena and Kevin got cold and came inside.

When he turned 2, I switched him from 2 naps a day to 1, so now we are able to go on more outings and spend more time at Granny's and Grandad's house which is fun.  I love this age.  Jonah's discovering the world and loving it!
His first painting

No comments: