Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Downtown Disney (Day 3)


We were initially expecting to go to Downtown Disney on Day 4 (right before our Legoland day), but the weather forecast kept changing and we were all pretty exhausted after just the first 2 days of touring.  So we decided late Tuesday night to take the next day off and it was a good choice.  I changed our Fast Pass selections and then we were all set.  Wednesday morning we slept in, relaxed in the hotel room, and eventually headed out to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and eating.

We really enjoyed the Lego store (of course).
The kids spent a long time in the back room building things with all the Legos on their special building tables.  
 
 
And the kids picked their souvenirs at World of Disney. It is absolutely huge!  We told them they could each spend $15 however they wanted.  Kevin and Jonah picked purple and green lightsabers.  They love them and play with them daily even now (April).  Elena had a long list of options and possible combinations and really took her time.  She decided to buy a charm bracelet that came with a few jewels and 3 princesses on it plus a separate Frozen charm that she added to her Tinkerbell necklace.  Very cute.  I didn't get pictures of the souvenirs, but I did capture the Magic Mirror.  They had so much fun playing with it.  It would show the child standing in front of it as he/she would look in each princess dress.  If she moved her hands into view, it would even show her holding/waving an accessory.
 
 
 
I bought an ornament at the Christmas store and we window shopped at Once Upon a Toy.  
I have a photo of 4 year old Elena with this statue from her first trip to Disney World.  I also have one of almost 2 year old Kevin from that trip, I really wish I would've had him and Jonah pose in front of it on this trip too.  Hard to believe that I could come home with 600+ great photos and still have pics that I regret not taking!
 I guess that this is Kevin's Darth Vader face.  I love it.
We had a late lunch/early dinner reservation at T-Rex Cafe.  
It was such a fun environment.  Each room has a different prehistoric-era theme and every 15 minutes there was a meteor shower projecting on the ceiling. The kids loved it.
Oops! Looks like Kevin was mid-blink in this photo.
 
 
The kiddos REALLY wanted to buy something at the Build-a-Dinosaur store at the cafe, but we managed to just window shop there and avoid any tears.  I took a picture of Elena with her favorite one.  Yay for semi-frugal vacations!

We returned to the hotel and I think that we went swimming.  It was cool outside, but the pool was heated. I know that once we got back to the room that night, we enjoyed watching some Disney channel shows and Full House.  The kids really loved watching Full House which made me happy.  That's some good, clean family entertainment. :)

No comments: