Even though I have the website now (thedisonfamly.blogspot.com) I want to continue the tradition of emailing Elena updates once a month until she's a year old. So here is the latest:
- She loves to stand all the time. She will pull up on the coffee table, my leg, and on her little tent-house. She will also open drawers and then pull up using them as her support and sometimes I'll even flip over an empty laundry basket for her. She can't wait to stand on her own and walk. She can only walk now if she is holding on to someone with two hands - she's not very steady yet.
- I bought her a whole bunch of socks with tread on the soles so that she wouldn't slip and slide on the wood floors, but unfortunately, the size I got her (6-12 months) is way too big on her little feet. They slip off every few minutes. She barely just outgrew a size 0 shoe. I guess she is a size 1 (3-6 months), now but it probably depends on the brand. I recently looked for dress shoes at Target and they only come in size 2 and up. :( For the most part, she is just wearing her socks - when she hasn't stepped out of them and pulled them off.
- It is starting to get cool here now and so she is wearing little jeans and long sleeved shirts. She looks so grown up in her big girl clothes. She's wearing 6-12 months in clothes, but just because I only want to buy one set of warm clothes to last until the spring. I have to roll up all the sleeves, the waists and the pant legs, but she looks cute. :)
- Elena loves to talk. She babbles and shrieks and laughs often. We are lucky to have a girl with such a happy temperment. Dan and I have noticed that she loves to imitate certain things that we say. "Good girl" is "guh-guh", Desitin (our diaper ointment of choice) is "De-tin", she says "Jesus" very well, etc. It is fun to hear her try. She is also waving consistently now. Whenever we tell her to say bye-bye, she waves her whole arm.
- Well, after 5 months of eating solids, Elena has finally learned how to do the thing I was dreading. She now knows to reach into her mouth and pull out whatever food I just put in that she doesn't like. For example, whenever I try to give her a snack that is anything besides Goldfish crackers, she makes a disgusted face and grabs it off of her tongue. Before the best she could do to get food out was to blow raspberries.


No comments:
Post a Comment