Monday, November 12, 2007

Why I Like Autumn


I love fall in the East. While it is true that it is only my third favorite season -- that is just because I hate cold weather.

The #1 reason I love fall: the leaves are gorgeous! These pictures were just taken from our porch. The lucky houses across the street have woods in their backyards. I'm glad that we still get the benefits of being close to trees even though our own property has just two small trees/seedlings. Later on today (cross your fingers that Dan will be able to come), we are going to go on a short drive up to mountains to check out the colors. Hopefully, the leaves are still as pretty up there as they are here. They tend to change a little earlier.

Reason #2: I can go on walks midday. I have the hardest time getting Elena and I both ready and fed and out the door on a walk/run before her first nap at 9 am. In the summer it was too hot to keep her outside for a long time. With the cooler weather we can still have a laid-back (aka: lazy) morning and get our exercise.

#3: the holiday season is upon us. First Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Although I am not a fan of winter, I do love Christmas.

#4: You can't hate a season with two names. :)

No comments: