Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pictures

Here are some ultrasound pictures. Half are traditional and half are 3D. The baby was moving like crazy and so it was hard to get a good still action shot in 3D, but it was very cool watching him move real time. That's why his arm looks kind of like a rubber band in some of the pictures. I love how he always has a hand up by his face. You have to combine all three to really get an idea of what he looks like in there. He's still so little - he only weighs like 7 ounces. All babies are such miracles!

Overhead view (top) and profile (bottom):
Another profile and below that is a great 3D ear and hand picture. You can see his little ribs too.In this top picture, you can see his eye and mouth well. We also noticed that cord is up by his neck in this picture and I started to freak out for half a second. Then I realized that it was just next to it (for a minute), not around it. I am such a worrier when I'm pregnant.
In the bottom picture is a good shot of his little nose. That's his arm under the nose. It's not deformed or anything, he was just moving fast when she took the picture.
I spared you guys the "It's a boy!" pictures, but there is no doubt. I have such a hard time seeing anything on ultrasounds, but I was able to announce it before the sonographer did.

Here is a family picture from yesterday. We're standing in front of the Raleigh temple. This is not a very flattering picture since we are all squinting into the sun (especially me), but it's an accurate portrayal of what size I am right now (at 18.5 weeks).

8 comments:

Hymas Family said...

What did I tell you about the boy parts!?! Your belly is SO little. I was huge by then! And it's your second baby - You look great! Congrats again on your little boy.

Davis and Laura said...

I knew it! I had heard through the grapevine, but I wanted to wait til you said something. Congrats on the baby boy! :) I guess we are only about a month apart! This is so fun, I love being apart of the mommy group now! Me and Davis both think its a girl, but I guess we will see the end of this month! :)

Nick and Deanne said...

Congrats! So exciting! I'm glad to hear things are going well.

Emily Evans said...

Hooray for a boy! Your little belly looks so cute :)

AmyB said...

Congratulations. Dan will be able to teach all sorts of naughty things! I posted more pics by the way. I haven't given up just need to find motivation to update sometimes!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! How fun to open up your blog to cute ultrasound pictures! I'm so excited for you. :)

-Lindsey

Bernice Madsen said...

Yeeaaah!! Soooo excited for you guys!! Little boys are GREAT! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Hope all is well with you!!

Jenny said...

I love how clear those are. So fun to have a baby Jenny Jacobs is so happy for you!