Thursday, April 2, 2009

Basketball

Our church youth basketball tournament was a few weeks ago and I am overjoyed to tell you that the Spanish branch's girls won their first game (as in: first game ever). They were so psyched. We had lost several games during the season by super close margins and the girls had worked so hard! This game actually went into triple overtime. I am so proud of them.

I helped coach along with Erick (on the right). Hermana Rivera (in the green jacket) is our Young Women's president and Hermana Mena (in gray) is the secretary. The 7 girls that played in the game that we won are in green or white. It was so great to see them progress through the short season and become a true team.It really made me reminisce about my ward's YW basketball team from when I was in high school. We had so much fun and we were really good. Well, not me - I averaged 2 points per game, but everyone else was really good. :) It was great to be part of a team with the girls from church.

1 comment:

Tracy Blackburn said...

I'll try to find a scanner and get it to ya! Ah, the good old days...or something like that :)