Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Blizzard

I'll start by showing a picture with Elena and her new tricycle. Dan and I were so excited to find a tricycle on clearance at Walmart Saturday night (Feb 28). We were there to get diapers (little did I know that I would only use like 3 out of the whole pack, but more about that later), but the rest of the world was buying up milk, bread, and eggs in preparation for a big storm. Anyway, Dan put it together when we got home and Elena has loved getting on and off of it ever since. She is starting to be able to reach the pedals better and coordinate enough to make it move forward and back some. She gets a big kick out of it.
Sunday (March 1) Elena woke up with pink eye and that evening we got 5 inches of snow. I decided that as long as we were home-bound with her being sick (but not feeling sick) and everything in the state closed for 2 days that there was no time like the present for potty training. She actually did a great job with the whole potty thing (at least with #1 - if you know what I mean) and she got over the pink eye after just a couple of days, so by Wednesday (March 4) I was daring enough to put some pants on her and take her to the Children's Museum. She'd been in nothing but underwear, a shirt, and socks for the first couple of days.

This picture is of Elena on Monday **Day 1 of potty training** totally zoning out while she holds the decorated tin box that I made for Baby Boy (with Amy's help). Don't worry, she took a nice long nap right after this pic. Pobrecita.
Finally: Here are some snow pictures. My favorite is the one on the bottom. We had a blast sledding in her pool in our backyard. I knew that dang hill had to be good for something. :) I was so sad by the fact that I was beyond ready to come back inside after an hour. I wish I had the energy and enthusiasm of a kid sometimes. Or at least that Elena was old enough to play outside on her own. She would have stayed out all day!

No comments: