We went to Busch Gardens today and had a blast. It was great weather, we got to see my Dad's "Funky Physics" show, and they opened a new children's area: Forest of Fun. They already have Land of the Dragons on the other side of the park which is great. I'm excited to go back again with Dan. We had such a great time, but he always makes everything more fun.
Elena loved being around all the Sesame Street paraphernalia and the walking characters. It was so cute. They have a little roller coaster and a several rides. Plus there's the water area and a little playground. (The bathrooms there even have a nursing room. That'll be really handy in the fall.) Elena's favorite thing was definitely playing in the water. There's a video of that at the bottom. She must've spent over 90 minutes total running around in the water today. That's also why she wore 3 outfits today. Next time, I'll remember her bathing suit.
Do you like our cool glasses? They had a 4D movie (one of those ones with water and air effects and bubbles coming down from the ceiling, etc.) and Elena really liked that too. It was a totally new experience for her because she'd never seen a movie in a theater before.
This was her favorite ride of the day. She was too young to go on this one last year. It actually went around kind of fast. I was so glad and surprised that she loved it since she is currently scared to even sit on a carousel horse.
She finally warmed up to the roaming characters. At first, she was happy to see them, but didn't want to get within 20 feet. There's a green screen behind us because if we had paid $16 for the official picture that they took, they would have inserted our choice of scenes behind us (the front stoop of 123 Sesame Street, the beach, or something else I can't remember). Their pic actually turned out really cute, but I'm a cheapskate, so I decided to go with the green photo.
They do a little show every hour or so. It was adorable to see a couple dozen 2 and 3 year olds all dancing around below the stage.
The background noise at the beginning is annoying, but I love her expression and laugh at the 20 second mark. She came close to running through the circle once or twice, but always chickened out. Maybe next time...





4 comments:
Forget Disneyland, I'm taking Axton THERE! (when he's old enough to understand what's going on) That place looks amazing!
PS, you look nothing short of amazing too!
That looks like super fun! I am sure you were worn out by the end bt at least you had some help with Elena. Have you picked a name yet?
it's not cheapskate it's smart spending...can you tell I'm the mom that never has the pics with Santa, etc. except the ones we snapped from the side...
you actually look slightly pregnant now, I can't believe you are alreayd 30 weeks. If you hold out to the end we will make it there in time to see him :)
Ohh this looks like it was so much fun!! I totally understand about not getting the picture, although when we took the kids to disneyland they would not go near ANY of the characters, not even the princesses.. so I doubt that will come up. I do force them all to sit with Santa and i pay the $20 for that photo, only because I am laughing so hard the whole time I can't hold the camera!!
Post a Comment